LOCAL HELPING AGENCY LINKS
While we cannot always meet the needs of those in our community, we do make every effort to connect those who reach out to us for help with those who can provide the services and support they need.
Below is a list of local helping agencies. Please click on the links to be directed to the agency website.
COVID PROPERTY OWNERS and RENTERS ASSISTANCE
- PA has Federal CARES ACT dollars available to assist with Mortgage or Rent payments. APPLICATION DEADLINE is SEPT. 30th, 2020. Visit the PA HOUSING FINANCE AGENCY for application forms, document lists, income guidelines and other info. or call 1-855-827-3466
Children, Youth and Family (CYF)
- is responsible for planning and providing State mandated social services to dependent and abused children and youth in Northampton County.
Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley (CACLV)
- offers a number of programs to educate & assist our local families from financial education to LIHEAP heating assistance programs.
- Our Easton Area Community Center in partnership with Weed & Seed serve the children & families of Easton providing Summer daytime learning & activity programs, meals & "Summer Nights" evening programs in a safe & encouraging environment. Funding for these programs has been drastically cut for 2015 so the "Summer Camp Coalition" was formed to reach out to our community to get the word out & raise funds. Donations are needed to keep these valuable programs running to keep our kids on track & help them toward 'breaking the cycle'. Please visit their funding website Summer Camp Coalition for info & to donate.
Crime Victim's Council of the Lehigh Valley (CVCLV)
- offers confidential support, encouragement and counseling to victims of violence as they recover from victimization and navigate the court system.
- Turning Point of the Lehigh Valley Turning Point offers confidential, safe emergency shelter, counseling, and assistance to those experiencing Domestic Violence.
- ProJeCt of Easton offers comprehensive emergency assistance to the local Easton area population.
- SafeHarbor offers shelter to homeless adult men & women as well as day time drop-in shelter & a noon drop-in meal.
- Third Street Alliance for Women & Children offers emergency shelter for women & children as well as other support.
- Northampton County Mental Health Agencies offer assistance to individuals and families dealing with mental health issues.
Northampton County Information, Referral and Emergency Services - (IRES)
- is the entry point for service requests for all divisions in the Department of Human Services except Gracedale. The division provides information and referral and emergency services for the other divisions in the Department of Human Services.
Prescription Drug Discounts - Northampton County Prescription Drug Discount Card Program
- Northampton County has partnered with its prescription benefit manager Caremark to bring Northampton County residents a FREEPrescription Discount Card program that provides cardholders an average savings of 23% on most prescription drugs.
- ProJeCt of Easton has a wide variety of programs offering comprehensive emergency assistance, language and literacy services to assist children and adults to achieve self-sufficiency.
- Northampton County Area Agency on Aging provides local services, advocates for, plans, coordinates and generally assists older citizens in the community.