LOCAL HELPING AGENCY LINKS
While we cannot always meet the needs of those in our community, we do make every effort to connect those who reach out to us for help with those who can provide the services and support they need.
Below is a list of local helping agencies. Please click on the links to be directed to the agency website.
COVID PROPERTY OWNERS and RENTERS ASSISTANCE
- PA has Federal CARES ACT dollars available to assist with Mortgage or Rent payments. APPLICATION DEADLINE is SEPT. 30th, 2020. Visit the PA HOUSING FINANCE AGENCY for application forms, document lists, income guidelines and other info. or call 1-855-827-3466
Children, Youth and Family (CYF)
- is responsible for planning and providing State mandated social services to dependent and abused children and youth in Northampton County.
Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley (CACLV)
- offers a number of programs to educate & assist our local families from financial education to LIHEAP heating assistance programs.
- Our Easton Area Community Center in partnership with Weed & Seed serve the children & families of Easton providing Summer daytime learning & activity programs, meals & "Summer Nights" evening programs in a safe & encouraging environment. Funding for these programs has been drastically cut for 2015 so the "Summer Camp Coalition" was formed to reach out to our community to get the word out & raise funds. Donations are needed to keep these valuable programs running to keep our kids on track & help them toward 'breaking the cycle'. Please visit their funding website Summer Camp Coalition for info & to donate.
Crime Victim's Council of the Lehigh Valley (CVCLV)
- offers confidential support, encouragement and counseling to victims of violence as they recover from victimization and navigate the court system.
- Turning Point of the Lehigh Valley Turning Point offers confidential, safe emergency shelter, counseling, and assistance to those experiencing Domestic Violence.
- ProJeCt of Easton offers comprehensive emergency assistance to the local Easton area population.
- SafeHarbor offers shelter to homeless adult men & women as well as day time drop-in shelter & a noon drop-in meal.
- Third Street Alliance for Women & Children offers emergency shelter for women & children as well as other support.
- Northampton County Mental Health Agencies offer assistance to individuals and families dealing with mental health issues.
Northampton County Information, Referral and Emergency Services - (IRES)
- is the entry point for service requests for all divisions in the Department of Human Services except Gracedale. The division provides information and referral and emergency services for the other divisions in the Department of Human Services.
Prescription Drug Discounts - Northampton County Prescription Drug Discount Card Program
- Northampton County has partnered with its prescription benefit manager Caremark to bring Northampton County residents a FREEPrescription Discount Card program that provides cardholders an average savings of 23% on most prescription drugs.
- ProJeCt of Easton has a wide variety of programs offering comprehensive emergency assistance, language and literacy services to assist children and adults to achieve self-sufficiency.
- Northampton County Area Agency on Aging provides local services, advocates for, plans, coordinates and generally assists older citizens in the community.
LIHEAP (Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program) 2022-2023
Accepting applications October, 2022 through June, 2023.
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program, also known as LIHEAP, helps low-income families pay their heating bills. LIHEAP is a grant that offers assistance in the form of a cash grant, sent directly to the utility company, or a crisis grant for households in immediate danger of being without heat (this may include a problem with a heating system i.e. furnace).
201 Larry Holmes Drive
Easton, PA 18044
Eligibility: Low income individuals and families requiring heating assistance
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 5:00pm
- (610) 250-1785 LIHEAP
- (610) 250-1786 LIHEAP
- (610) 250-1700 Main
- (610) 250-1839 Fax
Intake Procedure: Walk in, call, fill out an application on line or go to www.compass.state.pa.us
Intake Requirements: To apply, you will need: Names of people in your household, Dates of birth for all household members, Social Security Numbers for all household members, Proof of income for all household members, A recent heating bill
With heating oil & electricity prices so high, many of us may need help staying warm this winter! The LIHEAP Program can help!
Link to OFFICIAL PA GOVERNMENT website: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/Services/Assistance/Pages/LIHEAP.aspx
CAUTION! THERE ARE PRIVATE BUSINESSES that appear when you search for LIHEAP on line. They look like they are a place to sign up DO NOT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFO ON THESE SITES.
Please use CAUTION when accessing any agencies on line from a search. MAKE SURE THEY ARE AN “OFFICIAL PENNSYLVANIA (OR U.S.) GOVERNMENT WEBSITE! (usually there is a special icon or statement at the top of the web page)